Probate records are a tremendous source of genealogical information. Some family historians find them a little intimidating, though, and any don't realize that even poor ancestors may have left behind a probate file chock-full of valuable information.
Popular genealogist and blogger Marian Pierre-Louis will demystify the process of finding and interpreting the probate records left behind by your ancestors.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What probate records are (and how to find them)
- Different types of probate records
- Information you'll find in a typical probate record
- How to make it easier to access probate records
- Why probate records are critical to your genealogical success
- How to download the presentation and slides for future reference
WHO SHOULD PURCHASE
- Anyone with ancestors who may have left probate records behind
- Genealogists who are looking to build beyond-the-basics research skills
- Librarians or volunteers who want to help patrons with probate research