YOU'LL LOVE THIS IF:
- you want to explore how DNA can enhance your genealogy research you want to understand more about genetic genealogy
- you want to know which DNA tests to take and how to interpret test results
Presenter: Blaine Bettinger
Duration: 60 minutes
DNA testing can connect you with living cousins, steer your research away from dead ends and lead your ancestral investigations in promising new directions. It can provide strong evidence of an ancestral connection and even suggest when—and where—the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) might’ve lived. Bottom line: Genetic testing can’t replace traditional genealogy research, but it can complement it significantly. In this hour-long webinar, Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist, will teach you all about what DNA can—and perhaps more importantly, cannot—do.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- We will explore what DNA can – and, more importantly, cannot – do
- Using examples, we will explore how to identify what test(s) might help shed light on your mystery – Y-DNA, mtDNA, autosomal, or a combination?
- We will explore how to identify who to test to help shed light on your mystery
- We will explore how to interpret the DNA test results
- We will explore whether DNA test results are definitive or merely supportive
- And much more!
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Blaine T. Bettinger is the author of The Genetic Genealogist blog, which examines the intersection of traditional genealogical techniques and modern genetic research. The blog also explores the latest news and developments in the related field of personal genomics.