Presenter: Rick Crume
Duration: 30 minutes
YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
• You’ve hit a brick wall in tracing your Irish genealogy
• You’re interested in finding out where in Ireland your ancestors lived
• You’ve worked with census records, and are curious how this “census substitute” compares
Struggling to fill out your Famine-era Irish family tree? Pinpoint your Emerald Isle ancestors’ place of origin of with this pot o’ gold–a guide to Griffith’s Valuation. You’ll discover how to find your forebears in this valuable 19th-century census substitute, and use what you learn to extend your Irish line in the old country.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• What is Griffith’s valuation?
• Where you can search Griffith’s Valuation online
• How the online versions of Griffith’s valuation differ
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Rick Crume, a contributing editor for Family Tree Magazine, has also written for other American, Canadian and Welsh genealogical journals. The author of “Plugging Into Your Past: How to Find Real Family History Records Online,” he specializes in online research, genealogy software and British genealogy. Since he began researching his family history at age 14, he has traced his ancestry back to the 1600s and earlier in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Germany and the Netherlands.