An indispensable book for anyone interested in Austin County's first landowners.
Each book in this series is laid out into multiple "land survey maps" using a 6 by 4 mile grid.
Each Land Survey Map shows the boundaries of original landowner parcels laid out over existing roads, railroads, and waterways.
Beyond the Austin County Land Survey maps, there are equally useful indexes with real detail behind each parcel of land and its original survey and/or ownership.
Other Maps Included . . .
- Where Austin County Lies Within the State (Map A)
- Austin County and its Surrounding Counties (Map B)
- An Index Map showing where each of the Land Survey Maps are within Austin County (Map C)
- An Index Map that builds upon Map C and shows the community-center points in relationship to the county-grid (Map D)
- An Index Map that builds upon Map C and shows cemeteries listed in the USGS database in relationship to the county-grid (Map E)
The primary indexes (apart from each Survey-Map's own index of survey-names)
- An All-Name Index (alphabetical by last-name) for every person mentioned in the maps, utilizing both Texas General Land Office
and Texas Railroad Commission data.
- The Abstract Listing: this is where you find the real details behind each parcel of land. Items are listed by Abstract Number