Have you looked in all the usual places for your Irish ancestors? You may need to look in some less-obvious places. This 6-page guide from Family Tree Magazine covers often-overlooked resources that are valuable sources for genealogists tracing Irish roots.
In it, you'll discover:
- a website offering 18 million record extracts—and growing
- an alternate source for data in the destroyed 1841 and 1851 censuses
- records that name 3.5 million Famine-era ancestors (4.08 million people were living in Ireland at the time)
- why land records and wills are worth searching even for poor ancestors
- four useful tips every genealogist should follow when searching for Irish ancestors
The guide also includes a map of Irish counties and toolkit of websites and books for further reading.