Presenter: Thomas MacEntee
Duration: 30 minutes
YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You need help organizing your genealogy research
- You’re unfamiliar with the programs available for recording genealogy notes
- You want to become a more effective and efficient family researcher
From Captain Cook to Christopher Columbus, numerous noteworthy explorers kept comprehensive journals to document their adventures, so why should your genealogical expedition be any different? In this class, you’ll learn why you (yes, you!) need a research log and how it can help you make genealogical discoveries more effectively and efficiently.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why you should keep a genealogy research log
- What an experienced genealogist’s log looks like
- The different software programs available for creating a log
- How to maintain purposeful documentation of your research
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Thomas is best known for creating GeneaBloggers and hosting webinars and other educational offerings via High-Definition Genealogy.