YOU'LL LOVE THIS IF:
- you want to refurbish your old family photos
- you want to know what free software is available for photo editing
- you want tips for scanning, retouching and filing digital photos
Presenter: Nancy Hendrickson
Digital photography tools are essential for genealogists--not only for capturing family memories now, but also for preserving, retouching and editing historical photos. From scanning and uploading these pictures to your computer, to fixing damaged areas and reprinting, this hour-long webinar from genealogy technology expert Nancy Hendrickson will revive and reinvigorate your family photo collection.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- what apps, programs and free online software exist for editing and retouching photos (and how to use them)
- how to edit photos on mobile devices
- how to efficiently and effectively scan photos and documents
- how to organize photos on your computer
- what methods exist for reprinting photos once they've been edited or retouched
- what different types of historical photos exist and how to handle them (daguerreotype, tintype, etc.)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Nancy Hendrickson, author of fourteen non-fiction books, and over 300 magazine and newsletter articles, is a Contributing Editor for Family Tree Magazine, and workshop instructor at Family Tree University. She is an expert in using the Internet for genealogy research and specializes in connecting family lore with family fact.