Just as the fertile North Carolina soil is ideal for tobacco, soybean and cotton plants, the state’s history is rich with vital records and other resources to pollinate your family tree. If you have ancestors with origins in the Tar Heel State – whether they were planters or yeoman farmers, African-American slaves or German immigrants – the North Carolina Crash Course is perfect for genealogy enthusiasts looking to learn more about their ancestors’ lives in this Southern state. Presenter David A. Fryxell will provide you with his special tips and techniques for unearthing the tales of your Tar Heel ancestors. This course comes with a free copy of our North Carolina Genealogy Handbook.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Essential North Carolina history
- Details on vital records and immigration in the state
- What ethnicity-based records your ancestor may have left
- The best websites for North Carolina research
- How to download the presentation and slides for future reference
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
David A. Fryxell is a longtime genealogy buff. He founded Family Tree Magazine in 1999 and currently serves as a contributing editor. He does genealogy from Silver City, NM.
WHO SHOULD PURCHASE
- Anyone with North Carolina roots
- Genealogists researching North Carolina ancestors
- Libarians or volunteers who want to help patrons with research about North Carolina