You’ll love this if:
- You’re just starting to research your family tree online and want the most comprehensive advice on Ancestry.com before you start.
- You already use Ancestry.com in your online research but want to become a “power user” and master its search features and other tools
Make the most of Ancestry.com! Whether you are a beginner looking to trace your family tree using online resources, or a seasoned genealogy veteran wanting to further your search, you are bound to want to explore this popular website. But with billions of historical records to wade through, finding information about your particular ancestors can become overwhelming. Let the experts guide you through and show you what they know about this service—and how to quickly and effectively navigate its records and databases.
This value pack will show you:
- A top-level overview of the website with the Ancestry.com Web Guide Digital Download
- An official tour of Ancestry.com by noted genealogist and lecturer George G. Morgan
- An unofficial tour of the site by David A. Fryxell—who in an hour’s worth of demos will save you countless hours of online searching
- Quick ways to search for immigration records on Ancestry.com
The Mastering Ancestry.com Value Pack includes:
Ancestry.com Web Guide Digital Download
Start with this comprehensive 8-page guide before you dive into the detail! The Ancestry.com Web Guide gives you:
- an in-depth description of how to use Ancestry.com and its collections
- a quick-start guide and vital statistics
- step-by-step search secrets
- a cheat sheet of quick links, resources, hacks and shortcuts
Official Guide to Ancestry.com (book)
Written by noted genealogist and lecturer George G. Morgan, this official guide takes you on a tour of the most popular genealogy website. Whether you’re exploring Ancestry.com for the first time or have used it for years, you need this guide by your side! This second edition teaches you to:
- master the Ancestry.com search
- create keepsake books with MyCanvas
- use the Ancestry DNA genetic genealogy service
- create and develop your own Ancestry Member Tree
- explore obscure databases you didn't know existed
You've always known Ancestry.com was a valuable resource. Now you can learn to use it like never before.
Your Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com on-demand webinar
Once you’ve learned a bit about Ancestry.com, now you need to now how it really works. With 5 billion historical records, Ancestry.com can unlock valuable information about your family—if you know how to make the most of its search and other tools. In this hour-long webinar, Family Tree Magazine contributing editor and seasoned Ancestry.com user David A. Fryxell shows you insider tricks and techniques for teasing out ancestor information from the site's tens of thousands of databases.
What You'll Learn:
- How to efficiently navigate Ancestry.com
- Tricks for finding the databases you need
- Strategies for locating hard-to-find ancestors
Tutorial: Searching Immigration Records on Ancestry.com digital download
Do you need specific help finding passenger lists of your ancestors’ voyage to America? This quick guide shows you how to locate your kin in Ancestry.com's vast collection of immigration records.