YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You need brick wall-busting tips for your Massachusetts genealogy
- You conducted basic Massachusetts research, but want to explore more advanced record sets
- You have a general interest in learning more about family history in the Bay State
Date: Tuesday, December 17
Starting Time: 7pm EST/6pm CST/5pm MST/4pm PST
Presenter: Laura Prescott
Duration: 1 hour
Price: $49.99 ($39.99 early bird until 12/10)
Are you busy during this date and time? Don't worry! You don't have to attend the live webinar to get a recording of the presentation. Each registration comes with access to download the video, slides and handouts—all are yours to keep forever. You'll receive your copy of the webinar materials in an e-mail sent out after the live event.
In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. All attendees have the opportunity to ask questions during a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
Whether your ancestor was a Bostonian or lived elsewhere in this New England state, Massachusetts was among the first of the 13 Original Colonies to be settled by Europeans. First came Pilgrims at Plymouth, then other settlements in Jamestown and Massachusetts Bay.
You've likely traced basic information about your Bay State ancestors. But where do you turn when the research well runs dry? In this hour-long webinar, Massachusetts Genealogy expert Laura Prescott will take you through the state's more unique record sets, and will discuss advanced brick wall-busting strategies for tracking down your Massachusetts. This webinar comes with a free copy of our Massachusetts Brick Walls e-book.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- A brief overview of Massachusetts vital records
- How to explore military records and rosters
- How to navigate the state archives
- Tips for exploring court and tax records
- What state-specific collections and manuscripts are available, such as those of the New England Historical Genealogical Society (NEHGS)
- What’s available in state-specific genealogy libraries
- How to knock down brick walls through cluster and collateral searches
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Laura G. Prescott is a professional researcher, writer, and speaker. She worked for the New England Historic Genealogical Society for seven years before starting her own research business. Originally from Charleston, WV, she has lived in New England for more than 35 years.
Laura is past president of the Association of Professional Genealogists and a consultant for Fold3.com. She lectures and writes for national audiences on a variety of genealogical topics. Her specialties include the use of manuscripts in genealogical research, genealogy on the internet, online military records, and merging history with genealogy.
REGISTRATION FOR THE LIVE SESSION INCLUDES:
- Participation in the live presentation and Q&A session
- Access to the webinar recording to view again as many times as you like
- 25+ page PDF of the presentation slides for future reference
- Please note: You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. All registrants receive an email two business days following the live webinar with instructions on how to download the recording and handouts.