Making Sense of Pre-1850 Censuses Presenter:
Maureen A. Taylor Duration:
About this virtual conference class:
Don't get tripped up by tick marks—this class will teach you techniques to tease useful clues from the early US censuses where all residents' names weren't recorded.
What you'll learn:
- History of the census and genealogists' "pre-1850 census problem"
- Need-to-know facts about how census data were collected
- Year-by-year snapshot of census details, 1790 to 1840
- Where to find pre-1850 census records online and offline
- How to use pre-1850 censuses in your genealogy research, including a case study