You'll Love This If:
- You want to research Irish ancestors but don't know where to start
- You want to learn about what websites and other resources are available for Irish research
- You want to trace your ancestors from the US back to Ireland
Date: Thursday, July 31
Starting Time: 7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm MT/4pm PT
Presenter: Michael Brophy
Duration: 60 minutes
Are you busy during this date and time? Don't worry! You don't have to attend the live webinar to get a recording of the presentation. Each registration comes with access to download the video, slides and handouts—all are yours to keep forever. You'll receive your copy of the webinar materials in an e-mail sent out after the live event.
All attendees have the opportunity to ask questions during a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
Irish ancestry is among the most prominent heritage groups in the United States. However, despite the number of genealogists with roots in Ireland, tracing your Irish ancestors can present some unique challenges. On June 30, 1922 the Public Records Office in Dublin was destroyed, the aftermath of which is still the cause of major problems for family historians to this day. In this broad overview of Irish genealogy fundamentals, expert Michael Brophy will provide you with a practical guide to finding the origins of your Irish forebears.
What You'll Learn:
- How to handle the unique challenges of Irish genealogy, such as sorting through public records
- What expectations you should have for your Irish family research
- How to find vital records and immigration documentation
- What unique resources to explore for Irish research
- How to find the origin of your Irish ancestors
About Your Presenter:
Michael Brophy is a professional genealogical researcher, heir search specialist, and lecturer from the Boston area. He has served as Program Director and Publicity Director for the Massachusetts Genealogical Council. Mike was featured on the Irish TV series Dead Money, a genealogy TV show about heir searchers and conducted research for Who Do You Think you Are?
Registration for this Live Session Includes:
- Participation in the live presentation and Q&A session
- Access to the webinar recording to view again as many times as you like
- 25+ page PDF of the presentation slides for future reference
Please note: You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. All registrants receive an email two business days following the live webinar with instructions on how to download the recording and handouts.