YOU'LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You're interested in learning more about genetic genealogy
- You want to take a DNA test to determine your ancestry, but don't know where to begin
- You want to learn more about how DNA testing can be used to explore your family tree
- You're confused by the different types of genealogy DNA tests and want to learn which is right to accomplish your research goals
What can DNA tell you about your ancestors? As the number and type of available tests continue to skyrocket, that's the question more and more genealogists find themselves facing. In addition to traditional Y-DNA and mtDNA tests, which explore the paternal and maternal lines, new autosomal DNA testing provides genealogists with an opportunity to explore the rest of their family tree. Third-party sites even provide tools that allow you to check for cousins who have tested their DNA, or test your genetic propensity for certain conditions, such as diabetes. In this hour-long webinar, Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist, will introduce you to the world of DNA. Bonus: This webinar comes with a free copy of our genetic-genealogy article Research Strategies: Going Beyond Surnames
What You'll Learn:
- What is DNA and how you can use it to learn about your ancestry?
- Comparisons of types of DNA tests available
- Top DNA testing companies for genealogists
- Third-party sites that allow you to do even more with your DNA
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Blaine T. Bettinger is the author of The Genetic Genealogist blog, which examines the intersection of traditional genealogical techniques and modern genetic research. The blog also explores the latest news and developments in the related field of personal genomics.