YOU'LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You want to explore all of the cool features Google has to offer
- You want to make your Google searching faster and more effective
- You want to learn how Google and empower your genealogy research
Presenter: Lisa Louise Cooke
Duration: 1 hour
Google is perhaps the most powerful weapon in the genealogist's toolbox. Not only is it fast, vast and (mostly) free, but from Google Alerts to Google Reader to the Google News Archive, it plays host to a range of gizmos that will take your genealogy research to the next level. Presenter Lisa Louise Cooke literally wrote the book on Google for genealogy--it's called The Genealogist's Google Toolbox. Sign up today for this hour-long webinar and prepare to become a web wizard. Webinar attendees receive a free copy of Family Tree Magazine's Step-by-Step Guide to Google.
Why Allison Dolan, Family Tree Magazine's Publisher and Community Leader, recommends this OnDemand Webinar
How do you craft Google searches to get the results you're looking for? How can you get Google to do your searching for you? How will Google help you trace your ancestors in the old country? Google guru Lisa Louise Cooke reveals these secrets--and more!--in an hour-long class.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is Producer and Host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast, both available at www.GenealogyGems.com, in iTunes, and through the Genealogy Gems app, and free toolbar. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists in 75 countries around the world.
Lisa is the author of a variety of multi-media materials including the Genealogy Gems Premium website subscription, and four books: Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhouse, How to Find Your Family History in Newspapers, The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox, and Genealogy Gems: Ultimate Research Strategies, and the video series Google Earth for Genealogy.
In addition to Genealogy Gems, Lisa works closely with Family Tree Magazine as producer and host of the Family Tree Magazine Podcast, a regular article author for the magazine, and curriculum developer and instructor for Family Tree University.
What You'll Learn:
- Tips and tricks to excel at Basic and Advanced Google Search
- How to set up and use Google Alerts to receive notifications about your ancestors
- Explore old scholarly papers on your family history with Google Scholar
- Dive into the annals of past design and inventions with Google Patent
- Learn to scan and upload pages of books in other languages and find out what they say with Google Translate