You'll Love This If:
- You are are a French Canadian wanting to learn about your family ancestry
- You are passionate about French Canadian history
In this French Canadian Genealogy Guide,If you’re always humming “Alouette,” and you can’t resist swapping family histories with every Brosseau and Gervais you meet, you probably descend from the French citizens and soldiers who settled eastern Canada during the 17th century. French Canadians all seem to be related one way or another, which means you might share ancestry with the likes of songstresses Celine Dion and Madonna, beatnik author Jack Kerouac or hockey player Guy Carbonneau.
In This French Canadian Genealogy Guide You’ll Learn:
- History of French-speaking Canada, with a timeline of key events relevant to genealogists
- French Canadian language tips
- French Canadian naming practices—and how to unpuzzle dit names
- How to find and use French Canadian genealogies; church records of births, marriages and deaths; censuses; and notarial records
The guide also features a full-color historical reference map and a toolkit of the best websites, publications and archives for furthering your research.