YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You want solid strategies for finding females in your family tree
- You don’t know where to start when tracing maiden names
- You need a specific solution to your special research problem
- You want to understand more about the day-to-day life of your female ancestors
Marching down your maternal line is no simple task. From missing maiden names to mystifying marriage records, many soon find themselves stumped in their female genealogy. In this independent study course, lessons will help you develop a successful search strategy, recommend a wide range of record sets for rooting out females, and break down the power of what heirlooms such as diaries and old letters say about the ladies in your family line.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Developing a successful research strategy for rooting out women in your family tree
- Tips for teasing out maiden names in a vast variety of record groups
- Rooting out female ancestors in sources such as oral histories, family traditions, diaries, letters and more
- Brick wall strategies for solving special research problems
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: REQUIREMENTS & SUPPLIES
This course assumes you understand the basic principles of genealogy and have done some research on your family history. If you’re a complete beginner, you should take our First Steps: Discover Your Family Tree course.