The genealogical tips and tools in the Scottish Heritage Research Guide will help you discover your family's history in Scotland.
This enhanced PDF format lets you quickly click directly to recommended Web sites, instantly search text and print out pages for reference.
In this guide:
- Overviews of the area's history, migration patterns and genealogical records
- Strategies for researching in your ancestral homeland without having to travel there
- Important genealogical terms, naming customs and techniques to overcome language barriers
- Essential Web sites, books and other tools recommended by our editors and experts
- Key libraries, archives and organizations. Learn where to write or visit to get the records you need
- Full-color maps: See political divisions, major ports and population centers in your ancestral homeland