You'll love this if …
- You want a beautiful-but-basic family tree for display purposes
- You want to show off your family's heritage in your home or office
- You're looking for a meaningful gift for a relative
- You prefer a printed chart you can label by hand or in a style of your choice, OR a digital chart you can type directly into and print out yourself
- You like a pretty, contemporary floral look similar to those used on wedding invitations and baby announcements
Show off your family's heritage in style! This beautiful floral family tree is ideal for framing and displaying.
This chart features:
- space for four generations of ancestors' names
- labels for each generation to make filling out easy
- blue banner for the root person's name or surname ("Mary Smith Family Tree" or "SMITH Family Tree")
- optionally, you might choose to type life dates or other brief information along with the names
- tree with pink flowers and blue and green leaves
- inspirational quote: "I sustain myself with the love of family." —Maya Angelou
- three sizes to fit standard photo frames: 8x10 inches, 11x14 inches and 16x20 inches (chart is horizontally oriented)
This decorative tree won't replace your working genealogy charts that cram in many generations of names and dates. Instead, it's perfect for
- a tasteful display for any room of your home
- a wedding gift for a bride or groom in your family
- a new baby gift for a friend or relative
- sharing family history with relatives in a format they'll appreciate (and won't overwhelm them)
- a keepsake for your own children or grandchildren
Hints for hand-lettering your chart:
- Use a pencil to lightly write names into the boxes, erasing and redoing until you're satisfied with how each one looks.
- Then go over the pencil with a permanent ink pen in the color of your choice. We like felt-tip archival-safe ink pens, such as the Identi-Pen.
Hints for adding type onto your chart:
- Type names, along with any other desired information (such as birth, death and marriage dates), into your word processing software and print onto clear or white labels.
- Trim the labels to fit the chart boxes and affix to your chart.
Digital format allows you maximum flexibility:
- Print as many copies as you like, in whichever size(s) suit your needs best. You can print yourself, take the file to a local copy shop to print on your paper of choice, or even upload to an online service to print on photo paper or canvas. Create an 8x10 chart for your desk, an 11x14 version for gifts, and a 16x20 tree for your next family reunion!