What to do when you hit a dreaded brick wall in your genealogy research? Turn to your ancestor’s “FAN club”—that is, the friends, associates and neighbors whose lives intersected with your brick-wall ancestor’s. Researching indirect relations and others in your ancestors’ network can pay off in ways you might not imagine. This one-hour webinar will show you how to defy those dead ends with cluster and collateral search strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to identify the people in your ancestor’s network
- Good targets for your collateral and cluster searches
- How searching for collateral relatives can lead you to answers about your ancestor
- How expanding your search outside the family can pay genealogical dividends
- Great resources for cluster and collateral searching
- How to piece together cluster and collateral evidence
- Key terms and helpful websites
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Thomas MacEntee is a popular genealogy lecturer with 15 years of research experience. He created GeneaBloggers, a network of more than 2,000 family history bloggers around the world. Through his business High-Definition Genealogy, Thomas provides consulting services in the genealogy industry covering such areas as market research, education, technology and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Any family historian stuck on a brick wall ancestor
- Genealogists looking for new strategies and methods to advance their research