Wonder what the second button on your mouse is for? Haven’t discovered the joys of Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V? Constantly asking your nephew to help you with your computer? Our Computer Boot Camp will help you work more independently and save time, online and offline. This class is geared toward absolute beginners as well as researchers who need a refresher on their computer skills.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Basic computer terminology and file formats—no more alphabet soup!
- How to customize your computer’s workspace for your needs
- Shortcuts and hints for using your computer online and offline
- How to go online safely and avoid spam and scams
- Specific tips for your operating system: Windows 7, Vista, XP or Mac OS X
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- People who want to gain confidence with basic computing tasks and skills (if you can organize your desktop and hard drive with ease, and have common keyboard shortcuts memorized, you’ll likely find this course too basic)
- Computer users who would like to feel more comfortable using the internet, including shopping, watching videos and using new web technologies
- Researchers who quickly get confused or frustrated when trying to use electronic genealogy resources
- Genealogists who want to work smarter and faster
- Genealogy librarians and FamilySearch Center volunteers looking to assist patrons who have trouble using computers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A computer and an internet connection