YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You want inside tips for using FamilySearch.org
- You have surface knowledge of FamilySearch.org but want to learn to make your time on the website more efficient and effective
- You use FamilySearch.org on a regular basis but are unfamiliar with its more advanced search features
If Ancestry.com is genealogy's class president, then FamilySearch.org is the popular big-man-on-campus. The free genealogy website from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day is among the top online resources for family historians, with more than 3.5 billion names in searchable databases and1.2 billion names in family trees. And the best part? It’s free.
With its revamp in 2013, the site has added features including photos and interactive fan charts to its already rich repository of family records and searchable family trees. This course is certain to expand your knowledge of this awesome online resource for family history.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essential and Advanced search strategies for FamilySearch.org to get the most relevant matches
- In-depth information on available records, including images, transcriptions, databases, catalogs and collections
- Learn to navigate the new features, including fan charts and photos
- Differences between the site's Family Tree and Genealogies
- How to access records that aren’t online yet
- How the site can help you learn how to research your family history
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: REQUIREMENTS & SUPPLIES
This course assumes you understand the basics principles of genealogy and have done some investigation into your family history. If you are a total beginner, take the Discover Your Family Tree course before enrolling in this class.