YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You have surface knowledge of Ancestry.com but want to learn to make your searches more efficient and effective
- You use Ancestry.com on a regular basis but are unfamiliar with its more advanced search features
- You are an Ancestry.com power user but have some specific questions you’d like to pose to an expert
Sorting through the millions of records available on Ancestry.com can feel like searching for a grain of salt in a sand dune. But don't let this challenge hinder your genealogy research. Whether you're unearthing your roots in vital records, immigration records or censuses, let presenter Laura G. Prescott teach you tips and tricks for making the most out of your Ancestry.com searches. This webinar comes with a free PDF download: a copy of our Ancestry.com Web Guide.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to rein in the mass amount of information available on this mega-site
- Hints to set manageable search parameters for finding your family
- How to dig into individual databases for specific records
- Tricks and tips to make your search efforts more efficient and effective
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Laura G. Prescott is a professional researcher, writer, and speaker. She worked for the New England Historic Genealogical Society for seven years before starting her own research business. Originally from Charleston, WV, she has lived in New England for more than 35 years.
Laura is past president of the Association of Professional Genealogists and a consultant for Fold3.com. She lectures and writes for national audiences on a variety of genealogical topics. Her specialties include the use of manuscripts in genealogical research, genealogy on the internet, online military records, and merging history with genealogy.