YOU’LL LOVE THIS IF:
- You have surface knowledge of Ancestry.com but want to maximize all of its vast features and functions
- You already use Ancestry.com for your family research but want to become a “power user” and master its awesome tools
Ancestry.com is like a KitchenAid mixer: you know it has the capacity to whip cream, slice veggies and knead bread dough, but you mostly just use it to beat cake batter. You might do basic Ancestry.com searches on a daily basis, but know little about the incredible databases and collections available for browsing, robust advanced search features, or the fun functions featured within Ancestry.com family trees. This course is certain to expand your knowledge of the world’s largest online resource for family history, so dig in.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Essential and Advanced search strategies for Ancestry.com
- In-depth information on available records, including images, transcriptions, databases, catalogs and collections
- Everything you need to know about Ancestry.com family trees, such as how to create one, strategies for analyzing matches and making corrections, using trees of other members and adding additional content
- How search, records and family trees can work in unison to make your Ancestry.com research more efficient and effective
- How to use Ancestry.com with family tree
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: REQUIREMENTS & SUPPLIES
This course assumes you understand the basic principles of genealogy and have done some research on your family history. If you’re a complete beginner, you should take our First Steps: Discover Your Family Tree course.